This page is aimed primarily at men and women with breast cancer. However, if you have another form of cancer, the information is also largely applicable to you.
- In general, throughout the whole process, acupuncture supports your condition and recovery
- In the preparation and early process, acupuncture can enable you to be in an optimal condition, and to be more balanced going in to the treatment process.
- During the course of treatment, acupuncture can help in reducing side effects that might be caused by the treatment.
- After the treatment, acupuncture can help to lessen any ongoing side effects from treatment or medication that you will use for a long time. In the subsequent recovery phase, there is more emphasis on building fitness and physical resistance, the finding of a new balance (physically and mentally), and the processing of what you experienced.
- you can also use acupuncture for an existing complaint or disorder.
- And, acupuncture can be your alternative treatment for medication that you shouldn’t use during your treatment plan for breast cancer.